Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Every Memorial Day, the Schweizer heads up to our Property in Del Rio, TN. It’s right in the heart of Cocke County, which is lovingly known for it’s Cock Fighting and Moonshine. Perfect place for a family get together. Ha. Most everyone camps out (there used to be 2 cabins for everyone, but they got burned down to nothing years ago..long story), however my immediate family stays in my Dad’s cabin across the river from the campsite. Which is good, since we all know I don’t sleep in a tent. I tried once, but quit before the night was over.

I LOVE these pictures of Addie and Granddaddy. I have this exact same picture of me and MY Granddaddy in the exact same spot, sitting on his shoulders, when I was around 2 years old. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from up at the property with my Granddaddy, and I SO hope Addie’s are the same with hers!

IMG_1700_edited-1IMG_1707_edited-1IMG_1710_edited-1

Since it was Addie’s ACTUAL Birthday on Friday, we got her a cookie cake to share with all her cousins. Not sure why she’s giving someone a death stare though.

IMG_1733_edited-1

After enjoying some cookie cake, everyone hung out on the cabin porch and entertained each other with their musical abilities (or lack thereof..ha).

IMG_1747_edited-1

Addie and Isaiah decided that Dora was MUCH more entertaining than all of their crazy family out on the porch.

IMG_1757_edited-1

Addie and Denzel digging in the dirt.

IMG_1764_edited-1

Family Picture. Missing a few people though.

IMG_1779_edited-1

Laina came to her first family reunion, and was SO adorable! She was just smiling away at us.

IMG_1958_edited-1

Kelsey and I spent a good bit of time playing on the 4 wheeler, which made for MUCH easier trips from the cabin to where everyone was camping!

250713_763982506022_25108149_38832146_3189796_n

Addie and Isaiah spent a lot of time down in the River (the French Broad) throwing rocks.

IMG_1988_edited-1

Cute Denzel

IMG_2027_edited-1

Betsy and Jay also braved us all for a couple of days!

IMG_2039_edited-1

Addie has been working on her “Cheese” face. Ha.

IMG_2047_edited-1IMG_2048_edited-1IMG_2049_edited-1IMG_2050_edited-1

All in all, it was a fun weekend, and it was so good to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment