Friday, July 29, 2011

Remembering.

It’s hard for me to believe it’s been an entire year since my Grandmother passed away. I really do miss her like crazy. I miss listening to her talk, and her southern drawl. I miss her competitiveness at games, even when she was just so tired. I miss going to visit her, and her proudly introducing all of us to everyone she came across. She was SO proud of her family. Every single one of us. I especially miss seeing her face light up as soon as she would see Addie. I just miss her.

I have a few things from my Grandmother. One is a secretary desk that sits in our living room. I love it, and it reminds me of her. She would be horrified to know it probably hasn’t been dusted since we moved it in. Perhaps I’ll do that to honor her tonight. Ha. I also ended up with her china cabinet. I promptly painted it tuscan colors, and put on our porch as a “Party Cabinet” to house our wine glasses, margarita glasses, pitchers, and my china (in the bottom half). I love it, everyone loves it that sees it. Once again, my Grandmother would be horrified. However, my most treasured thing my Grandmother has ever left me was a book my Mama had her fill out. She had my Grandfather do one also. I treasure them. (I actually have copies, and my parents have the originals) So, I thought I would leave an excerpt from the book she filled out.

What advice do you have for me?

“You show much, much promise and I believe with all my heart that you will grow up to be a fine person who will bring great joy to your parents. You will never disillusion your parents. They love you so very much that I can see that they put your needs ahead of everything else. They have made you know that you’re an important member of the family, and their love and efforts show in your disposition and everything you do. They have encouraged you. I hope Granddaddy and I live long enough to see the wonderful person which you are heading towards. Even if we don’t, we already know that our union has produced something very wonderful for the world. “

pearl_thumb[2]pearl10[3]pearl7_thumb[2]1

1 comment: