Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mama!!

I don’t think I would have made it through the last two years if it hadn’t been for my Mom. She has been an absolute rock in my life. She has kept me sane. She practically gave up her entire life while I was pregnant. She would drop everything and drive from Kentucky to Florida at the drop of a hat. I was in and out of the hospital CONSTANTLY, and she always came. (It was about a 10 hour drive..) She was at our house probably a good 6 months out of that year on and off. When I got put on bedrest, my mom was there to cook, clean, take care of me, take care of Ryan, whatever we needed. When I got put in the hospital, she would wake up, get ready, and come to the hospital until it was time for bed. When I was missing Sassy while being stuck in the hospital, she took her to the vet, got her medically cleared, and signed her in at the front security desk so that Sassy could spend days with us at the hospital.

sassy

She didn’t get to spend her anniversary with my dad, but they said Addie being born that day made up for it. She paced the hallways while waiting for news that Addie was here and healthy, and she stayed in the hospital with us day and night to make sure Addie was okay. (And me, of course!) She made the midnight trips down to the NICU with her for tests, never leaving her side so that I could rest. And she kept her most nights the first week and a half we were home.

NOW, when we go to visit, or she visits us, she spends her time chasing Addie from the second she gets up until she wrestles Addie to sleep. She feeds her, plays with her, bathes her, sings to her, reads to her, and then offers to be on “night duty” in case Addie wakes up so that Ryan and I can sleep. She NEVER complains about how tired she is, she just laughs and says she loves spending time with her Grandbabies.

I was SO excited to get to spend her birthday with her this year! She means the absolute world to me. She’s who I call for advice (which she LOVES to give! ha), she’s who I call when I’m mad, she’s who I call when I’m upset and sad, she’s who I call just to laugh with. She is absolutely one of my best friends, and I am SO lucky to have her in my life. I really hope that Addie and I have as good as a relationship when she’s an adult as I do with my mom.

My dad and I worked REALLY hard to try and get Addie to take a nice picture so we could make a card for GiGi, but Addie was being completely uncooperative. However, we came out of our photo shoot with the best picture one could ask for.

GIGIBDAY

ANYWAY, on her birthday (which was ALSO Addie’s 16 month birthday…which is hard for me to believe!) we headed to Pearson Falls to check it out. Such a fun morning! And it was BEAUTIFUL! We can’t wait to go back (only next time we’ll be armed with a nice picnic) next time we’re in town!

pearson falls 047 pearson falls 065 pearson falls 069  pearson falls 086 pearson falls 071pearson falls 090 pearson falls 093 pearson falls 103 pearson falls 104 pearson falls 122 pearson falls 123 pearson falls 124

So, I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday, Mama!! We can’t wait to celebrate Many, Many more with you!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to your mom! And the waterfall pictures are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest birthday gift yet (besides Addie's card), Lindy. Thank you for the beautiful sentiments. I love you!

    ReplyDelete