Thursday, December 1, 2011

Poor Sassy!

My sweet Sassy Louise had to go to the vet because she wasn't acting like her normal self for the last couple of days. Thank GOODNESS we took her in when we did, because it turns out she was much sicker than we suspected. Addie and I tried to play with her and get her to relax while we were waiting between tests for her, but she wasn't quite as amused as we were.

Addie was having a great time though...

Clearly, Sassy was not...

My two sweet babies...

Me and the Sassers

Love my two babies.

Sadly, after all the blood tests came back (and there were LOTS of blood tests), Sassy was diagnosed with Pancreatitis.  (MOST likely caused from eating a bit too much at Thanksgiving..) My poor girl! I didn't even know dogs could get that! She had to stay in the vet hospital overnight, and ALL day today to be treated with IV fluids, steroids, antibiotics, pain meds, the works. She was going to have to stay for a few days, but she is MISERABLE, and they know it. So, she's getting out early. I just went with Addie to go pick her up, and she was one HAPPY little dog to see us come through the door. Her levels are almost back to normal, and apart from her shaved front legs where they had IVs in her, she's doing great. She is going to be on a SUPER strict diet, which for Sassy will be hard, but now she's prone to this, so we will have to be very careful. They sent her home with special diet food, which she immediately scarfed down the second I gave her half a can of it.


I am so happy she's healthy and is back home. I couldn't imagine our family without our sweet Sassy Louise.

1 comment:

  1. Neither can I. Glad she's better!

    ReplyDelete