Friday, November 25, 2011

It's beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas...

We put the tree up and decorated it last night with my parents.
To say Addie LOVES it is an understatement.
Christmas is going to be SO.MUCH.FUN. this year.


I took a Click Workshop (actually, I've taken a couple of them now) a while ago with some friends, one of the things they talked about was getting a fun "glowing" picture of your Christmas Tree. They gave all the settings, and told you how to set it up. Another girl who had taken the class posted her picture from last year on Pinterest (AKA the best website in the WORLD), and it blew up! So, I'm linking up to her blog so you can see hers as well. :) 

Also, anyone who wants to try it themselves, here are the settings:
Camera in Manual
ISO 3200 (1600 will work as well)
F 1.8 (I used my 50mm lens)
SS 1/30 
Make sure to use a tripod, or just prop your camera on a counter or couch so you don't get any movement. 


8 comments:

  1. Stephanie WilliamsonNovember 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM

    What a gorgeous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your picture is amazing! SUCH a gorgeous photo, and you captured your sweet daughter so well. I love this pic! Thanks so much for linking up to the party. :) I love Click Workshops. They've taught me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth!! YOU had a great tutorial!! I'm going for the Lightroom class next, so hopefully I'll work up to as good as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on your photo...you've captured the moment just beautifully, with a tiny hand reaching up to touch a pretty from the big beautifully adorned tree. Just WONDERFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete