Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Penny!

I can't believe it's been 2 years since I got a phone call from my big brother saying that Liz was in labor. He waited until 6am to call me, although they had headed to the hospital in the middle of the night. I immediately threw some clothes in a suitcase, packed up 5 month old Addie, and drove from Tampa to Atlanta. I woudn't have missed her birthday for the world. Now, that sweet, tiny little baby is 2! She is hilariously funny. She is SO VERY smart. She is strong willed. She is adorable. Obviously, she takes after her favorite Aunt. :) I am so very, very thankful that she and Addie will grow up best friends and as close as can be. She is the closest thing Addie will ever have to a sister, and Addie loves her with all her heart. She talks about "Peeeeenie" every single day, and is forever needing to go to "Peeeenie's house". They play together so well, and truly just enjoy each other.

We headed to Atlanta to celebrate her big day with her, and had such a great time!

 Liz's cute Birthday Banner she made!

The cake

Cupcakes

Liz, Penny, and Chris

A little flashback from her Birthday last year, then this year.

The Birthday girl clapping when everyone was done singing to her.

Opening some presents

Trying out the camera Addie got for her.

Playing in the leaves after the party

Oh how I love these sweet girls!

And just to show how much Addie has grown in a year, this is playing in the leaves last year at Penny's party, then this year.

Happy, Happy Birthday Penny! We love you so very much, and can not wait to see what the next year brings!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post! Love both of these little girls more than I could ever imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "last year" pics next to this year's pics...what a great idea to show how much they've grown!

    ReplyDelete