Thursday, April 15, 2010

ADOPTION

The Joint Council on International Children's Services has issued a call to action known as We are the Truth. They have declared today an adoption blogger day, so if you have an adoption story, or know of one, blog or facebook about it today - so that the positive adoption stories can start to stand out as much as the sad ones.

So, obviously, I’m not adopting…however, I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the adoption of my niece! I can not WAIT to meet her! I never really thought much about the adoption process until my cousin, Allie, and her family decided to adopt. They are adopting a sweet baby girl from Rwanda, and I couldn’t be more excited!

I was reading her blog tonight, and it made me think…when I was pregnant with Addison, I had a HORRIBLE pregnancy. I was sick. VERY,VERY sick. I had health problems they couldn’t figure out. I was in and out (mostly IN) of the hospital for MONTHS. Addie SHOULD NOT have been born healthy. The odds were totally against her. She was a preemie…my blood pressure was insane…I NEVER felt her move…etc.  BUT, she had SO many people praying for her. All the time. Every day. People I knew, people I didn’t know. They prayed. From the moment they found out I was pregnant.  I’m convinced that without them, Addie wouldn’t be here. She was born 100% healthy. No problems. It was absolutely a miracle.

My point is, when someone is pregnant, you KNOW when the baby will be here. You feel some sort of connection to that person, before you even meet them. You talk about them, plan for them, and anticipate their arrival. Well, I feel the same way about this little girl. I can not WAIT for her to get here! I pray for her daily. She’s most likely already been born. I pray for those who are caring for her, and for her family that has made the heart wrenching decision to give her a better life. So, I hope everyone else remembers to pray for her daily, just as they do any other baby entering into our family.

I LOVE that I am so close to my cousins. I LOVE even more that Addie will have SO many cousins! I LOVE that we live close to all of the “greats”, and that they will know each other growing up. And I can not WAIT to buy 3 matching dresses for the girl “cousins” to wear in their first photo as 6 “greats”!

No comments:

Post a Comment